Mike Bell, B.A. (Hons)
I have a private practice based in Gazeley, Suffolk.
To book an appointment with me at my Gazeley clinic then go to the 'Appointments' section on this website and choose a time of your choice.
COVID-19 Clinic Guidelines
Please read through the following guidance for your information and safety:
- Please book online using the 'Online Booking' option on this website. At time of booking the appointment you will be required to pay.
- When arriving at my clinic in Gazeley, I will ask you to confirm that you, or anyone living in your household, have not shown any of the known symptoms of Covid-19 infection during the previous 2 weeks. If you have symptoms you will not be seen until the infection has passed.
- Appointments are made on the hour, so please be prompt on your arrival, so as to adhere to social distancing.
- Please leave personal belongings in your car.
- Between client appointments all surfaces and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Due to the interests of hygiene, access to toilet facilities will not be possible.
- I will be wearing a visor, face mask, plastic disposable apron, but no gloves.
- On entering the clinic, you will be asked to:
- Wear a face mask. If you don’t have one then one will be provided.
- Have your temperature taken using a contactless thermometer (if this is above “Normal” you will not be seen).
- Maintain social distancing as far as possible.
- Use the available hand sanitiser.
I work professionally as a Level 5 Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist. This is the highest level of sports massage qualification in the UK, and this is what makes me unique.
I am based in Suffolk, nearby to Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds.
Sports massage can treat everyone of all ages and is applicable to all soft tissue related conditions. This has many applications, including pain management, injuries, chronic discomfort and pain, releasing tight muscles, muscular imbalances or recovery from training workouts.
My passion and interest is in helping people function and perform better
This corrective massage approach can help you to recover, function better, regain muscular strength and balance, improve circulation, and relieve the pressures of stress and tension.
I have taught advanced massage workshops to experienced massage professionals, worked alongside and supported chiropractors, and provided pre/post massage support at sporting events.
I am also a highly qualified NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Corrective Exercise Specialist and Performance Enhancement Specialist. This competancy increases the effectiveness of my sports massage and clinical assessment because of my understanding of how the body functions. From an exercise perspective I can advise my clients on the correct exercise strategy to approach, whether it is in regards to injury, rehabilitation, muscular imbalance or health/fitness.
BTEC Diploma (Level 5) in Sports Massage/Sports Treatments
Premier Diploma In Sports Massage Therapy
National Academy of Sports Medicine:
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Performance Enhancement Specialist
Certified Personal Trainer
Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Masssage, Muscle Energy Techniques, Lymphatic Drainage, Ultrasound, K-Taping, Soft Tissue Release, Neuro-Muscular Techniques, Trigger Point Therapy.
Mike is very professional in the way he works and has a great passion for what he does, I've spent thousands on a range of treatments ranging from Chiropractors to Acupuncture as well as others over the last 15 yrs trying to get on top of my issues and this is by far the best treatment I've had to date and the results were instant. To say I'm impressed is a understatement.
I'll continue to work with Mike in the years to come to maintain things and look forward to being pain free from here on in.
I have been training with Mike for well over a year now and the results have been impressive. I have lost weight but, more importantly, become much fitter, leaner, stronger and less injury prone – prior to the personal training I had a history of minor injuries from playing football.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending him, indeed several friends now use him and have seen similarly great results
After years of struggle and begging for an MRI, I now know that I have bulging discs which cause my back to go into chronic spasms regularly. Already with Deep Tissue massage I have been in a lot less pain and more mobile. Mike really has the gift of healing hands. I will not hesitate to recommend to all my friends and my Karate Club. If you have a sports injury or just suffering pain, this is guy to see!
I would highly recommend Mike to anyone for any type of injury or long term problem. He listens to what and how you explain your symptoms and is very enthusiastic in his chosen treatment for the problem. He is so easy to talk to and because of that you have complete confidence in him.
Areas of Pain
Click to explore...